Are you thinking of hiring a commercial outsourcing service for your company? Before making a firm decision, take a moment to reflect on the pros and cons of outsourcing the sales force. Betting on this alternative can be a good solution for your company or quite the opposite, it will depend on your specific case and on various factors, as we are going to see right now.
What is business outsourcing?
Sales outsourcing for small business or commercial outsourcing works like any other type of outsourcing of services: instead of embarking on the search, selection, and contracting of our commercial network, what we do is hire one of the outsourcing companies that lace. Its purpose is to improve sales volumes without establishing links with those who carry them out and will normally be paid for the expected transactions.
The objective of sales outsourcing is to provide sales resources to your clients, without being the owners of your products. Sales outsourcing providers include several services, from which one or more can be selected:
– Manufacturer representatives
– Sales contract organizations
– Sales agents or sales consultants
Thus, sales outsourcing can help small businesses save time and money by allowing them to leverage the expertise and resources of a third-party sales team. Outsourcing can also provide access to new markets and customers, as well as help companies scale more efficiently. However, it’s important to carefully vet potential partners and establish clear expectations and metrics for success.
Advantages and disadvantages of business outsourcing:
These are the advantages of sales outsourcing for small businesses:
- Less financial costs for the company in terms of payroll
- Saving time in the search and selection of RR.HH.
- You can have more commercials offering your products or services
- Varied experience in different sectors and products
- Wide and varied network of contacts
Disadvantages Of Sales Outsourcing:
These are the disadvantages of sales outsourcing for small businesses:
– Although at first glance it may seem that you have a broader sales network, you should bear in mind that outsourcing companies and their agents do not sell your products exclusively, they must divide their time between different brands.
– They have less knowledge of your catalog of products and services and its particularities compared to their own commercial network.
– You will have more competition because apart from the competitors of your sector of activity, you will be competing with the other companies and brands that the outsourcing services represent.
– You will have a more independent commercial because an external sales force organizes and manages its time in its own way and under its own criteria of action. This means, for example, that if it is more convenient for them to sell other products, they will dedicate less time to you.
– You will be able to exercise less control over the agents, both in terms of business agenda, sales style, customer relationship management, and potential contacts.
– As a consequence of the previous points, the brand image that your commercials give off will be different.
Now that you know the pros and cons of doing commercial sales outsourcing for small businesses.