QoS or Quality of service is an utmost consideration for 3G operators as it impacts the performance and satisfaction of 3G users – QoS is an opportunity for operators to attract more customers by differentiating themselves from many other competitors. What is QoS? Quality of Service (QoS) refers to techniques that can work on a network to execute varied types of data such as high-priority applications and traffic (Bandwidth, Delay, Loss, and Jitter are different types of network traffic) especially when the network’s capacity is limited. In other words, QoS refers to any technology that manages data traffic to reduce packets. So, now let us see how can 3G operators balance QoS and network efficiency in the face of increasing traffic and demand along with User-friendly 5g tester, 5G test equipment, 5g network tester tools and User-friendly 4G Testing RF drive test software, Cellular LTE RF drive test tools & equipment in detail.
The main purpose of balancing QoS and the network efficiency is to enable networks to prioritize traffic that includes dedicated bandwidth, controlled jitter, and lower latency. QoS ensures significant performance metrics and improves end-user experience with different levels of priority, reliability, and speed. It also enables establishments to regulate their overall network traffic by selecting specific high-performance applications. Using QoS in networking, establishments using QoS in networking will not only optimize the performance of multiple applications on their network but also gain visibility into the bit rate, delay, jitter, and packet rate of their network, which will ensure organizations can gain traffic on their network and change the way that packets are routed to the other networks to avoid transmission delay. In addition, organizations can deliver expected QoE or user experiences by achieving the expected service quality for applications.
The demand for QoS or the importance of QoS will increase more at the time of increasing data transmission over next-generation WSNs (Wireless Sensor Networks) 5G (5th generation) specifically for multimedia content such as video, online gaming, streaming media, videoconferencing, video on demand (VOD), etc. QoS is also crucial for installing multiple IoT nodes on top of 5G networks.
Let us discuss QoS as a competitive advantage for 3G operators when it comes to increasing traffic in network efficiency.
- 3G operators on QoS can deliver consistent, high-quality data servicesto improve customer satisfaction.
- By implementing QoS solutions, operators will be able to increase loyalty and retention while reducing complaints and customer churn.
- 3G operators with QoS solutions can optimize network efficiency to reduce operational expenses while preventing the network congestion.
- Last but not the least, operators can increase revenue by offering value-added services on QoS service.
- Using QoS in networking, businesses can have priority on most mission-critical applications as well as on the necessary resources, which will be capable of achieving high performance.
- QoS is beneficial as it enables administrators to manage better internet resources and reduce costs or the need for investments in link expansions.
- QoS enables organizations to deliver network traffic or customer packets with point-to-point traffic management without suffering any packet loss.
- Organizations using QoS will be able to reduce latency (the time that takes for a network request to go from the sender to the receiver to process) by prioritizing their critical application so that process of a network request will get a speedup.
3G operators must measure the QoS performance of their services to evaluate the effectiveness of their QoS solutions. Here comes RantCell which is a mobile phone-based app (compatible with Android and iOS devices) that can monitor network performance to provide you with better network coverage solutions by identifying poor QoE areas. Known as SaaS-based software, RantCell is useful in monitoring QoS in networking on several parameters such as throughput, jitter, packet loss, latency, and reliability. Many clients are already getting benefits from the RantCell app, which is useful for several solutions, such as RAN automation testing, RF drive testing, cell tower QoE monitoring, indoor measurement, video streaming testing, network benchmarking, and more.