Despite keeping your home clean, you might encounter pests on your property in Irvine. As a Californian, this shouldn’t come as a shock, but taking appropriate steps to minimize risks and losses is just as relevant. Common pests found in the state include bed bugs, mosquitos, carpet beetles, spiders, silverfish, and earwigs. While many of these insects are harmless, others can be scary and cause damage to your belongings. If you are hiring residential pest control Irvine, we recommend you check the pointers below.
- Always choose a local, licensed, and insured service: You should shortlist companies based on whether they are located in your city and if they have a valid license. You might also want to ask about insurance, as pest control tasks often involve significant risks. The experts and staff members should have workers’ compensation insurance, while the company should also have liability insurance.
- If possible, go for green pest control: For the unversed, green pest control is all about using products and methods that are safer for the Planet and other animal species. Many companies charge a tad more but use EPA-approved products for eliminating pests. The workers also rely on baits and traps to remove insects and rodents, which are better and don’t pose risks to the species.
- Ask for an estimate after an inspection: There was a time when pest control companies charged a flat price for all kinds of tasks, but that’s not the norm. Today, the best services inspect a home, check for possible signs of pest damage, and share an estimate based on the extent of infestation. Get a quote and check what’s included in the price.
- Look at online ratings: How do you know whether a company is worth the promises? We recommend you check what other customers in Irvine are saying about their pest control work. Ratings on independent websites and social media can help compare options, and you can also contact a service to get local references.
- Ask about preventive measures: If you can afford to pay for an annual pest control contract, consider that as an option. Proactive steps and preventive action can help prevent an infestation, which can other cost more in the long run. The company will send their team to check your home and apply necessary products to stop insects and rodents from entering the property.
Make a list of potential pest control companies in Irvine now to find one.